Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cinnamon-Topped Zucchini Bread


I made this recipe from a Fall Recipe book I bought about a week ago. It is super delicious and super moist. I did change a few things around so please see my notes in italic.

BREAD
3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium) -- I used one large zucchini which is about 2 and a half cups
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups whole wheat flour -- I used white flour because I don't have whole wheat
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

TOPPING
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cold butter

INSTRUCTIONS
1..Move oven rack to low position so tops of pans will be in center of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5 inch) loaf pan with shortening, or spray with cooking spray.
2..In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs until well mixed. Stir in remaining bread ingredients; mix well. Pour into pan(s). In small bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter in pan(s).
3..Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan(s) on cooling rack 10 minutes.
4..Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove, and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing. Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.

I cut our bread about 20 minutes after it was done because my husband and I love warm warm bread. Mmm mm good!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment