Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Celery and Shrimp

I love seafood and shrimp is my favorite! I could eat shrimp all my life and not get tired of it. There are so many ways of cooking shrimp and they are all so tasty! Anyways, the recipe I am going to share today is one of my mom's. I used to eat this dish without ever thinking how she cooked it. So I tried really hard today to emulate the same recipe. Of course the taste is not exactly the same but it's close and it's as good :) *If you are allergic to shrimp...sorry!*






What you need:
-- 20 large shrimps, peeled and deveined (you can buy shrimps that are peeled and deveined in most grocery stores)
-- 1 cup of celery, washed and diced
--3 cloves of garlic, chopped
--1 teaspoon of garlic salt (or more if you like it saltier)
--1 teaspoon of corn starch

gravy:
Mix and stir the two items below in a bowl.
--2 cups of water (less if you want the gravy to be thicker)
--1 tablespoon of vegetable oil

Instructions:
1. Heat the saucepan over medium-high fire. Then, pour in the oil.
2. Stir in the garlic after the oil is heated. Fry for roughly 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the celery and fry for 1 minute.
4. Throw the shrimps in. Stir-fry them til the shrimps turn red.
5. Pour in the gravy and keep stirring til the gravy boils.
6. Turn the fire off and season with the garlic salt.

*Serve this dish with steam rice.

Happy cooking!
Sharon

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post Sharon. Paul really likes the sound of shrimp and celery. We'll probably be trying it out in the near future. :)

Post a Comment