Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chicken and Rice Casserole

This dish is so easy and so good to make. It is so delicious, even my husband loves it. The first time I ate this I fell immediately in love with it. I spent years looking for the recipe because I was so dumb to not ask for the recipe when I had the chance to at first. Now that I have this recipe, I just can't wait to share it with you guys! Definitely give it a try.




Servings: 4-5 people
Ingredients:
--1 cup of celery, diced. (If you hate celery, use broccoli)
--Half cup onion, minced.
--2 tablespoon butter
--2 cans of cream of chicken soup. (You can use chicken and mushroom soup too!)
--Half cup milk
--1 1/3 cup of mayonaise or salad dressing

Combine and mix thoroughly all the above ingredients in a large bowl.

--3 or 4 chicken breasts or fillets
--3 cups rice, washed.
--4 cups water.

Instructions:
1. In a 9x13 pan or a baking dish, pour in rice and water. On top of the rice, arrange 3 or 4 chicken breasts or fillets.
2. Pour the mixture evenly over the top of the chicken and bake in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees farenheit.


Tips: 1. If you are pressed for time, you can cook this dish in the rice cooker using the same method. It only takes about 40 minutes.
2. If you are cooking for 2 people, cut all the ingredients measurement in half.

Happy Cooking!
Sharon


0 comments:

Post a Comment