Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Szechuan Chicken

This is one of my favorite things to cook for dinner when I forgot to plan or I just don't have a lot of time. It's great because all the ingredients are things that I always have on hand!

Usually I don't really measure and I just kind of wing it, but here is an approximate recipe:


Ingredients
Chicken
Cornstarch
Oil
Garlic
Soy Sauce
White Wine Vinegar (or normal White Vinegar)
Sugar
Water
Green Onions
Cayenne Pepper

Directions
Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and lightly coat with corn starch
Heat some oil in a frying pan, add minced garlic (I like a lot)
Add chicken and fry until all sides are white
Add soy sauce (I would say for 1 lb of chicken it would be about 3-5 tablespoons)
Add vinegar (for the same amount of chicken 1-2 tablespoons)
Sprinkle with sugar
Add a couple of tablespoons of water. It just depends on how strong of a flavor you want and how runny you want the sauce.
Add diced green onions and cayenne pepper. You can make it as spicy as you want.

Anyways, I know these aren't very good directions, but it's really good so you should try it! Just serve it with some rice, it's delicious!

1 comments:

Joseph Dewey said...

Excellent blog! I referenced your post by link on my blog, http://semioriginalthought.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-really-wanted-really-good-real.html

Post a Comment